Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Week 5 in Eagle Mountain!!



Hola everyone!!!

So this week has been pretty good, this email might be a little short
cause not too much happened this week but that's okay :)

On Wednesday my companion and I had the opportunity to finally go to
the temple! We went to Mount Timpanogos temple (that's the one closest
to our area) we went with our landlord and Alma's mother in law. The
drive was kind of funny cause our landlord doesn't speak any spanish
and Alma's mother in law doesn't speak much English but the whole
drive they found ways to communicate with each other and laugh
together which made me and my companion smile. It was soooo cute. It
reminded me of how even though we all may speak different languages we
can still bond in different ways and I think that's kind of what the
gospel does to us. Like for example even though when I speak Spanish
in lessons or when I give spiritual thoughts after dinners at members'
homes and I don't know every word or I don't know exactly how to say
it in Spanish, and though it may be incomprehensible the Spirit really
helps out a lot and they understand me! It might sound stupid but I
just think that is so cool!  I wouldn't be able to be learning the
language this quickly if it wasn't for the help I'm receiving from my
Heavenly Father and from the Holy Ghost. It's so real in my life now
as a missionary.

On Thursday we went over to the Torres house for dinner. Sister Torres
is the YW president in our branch and she served a mission in Columbia
and she is such a wonderful member missionary. She's how I wish every
member of our church was like. She helps out in the work so much and
she has a solid testimony of this gospel. Anyways though she fed us
soup and "arepas" which is I guess some sort of South American dish.
It was suuuuper good but after we left both me and my companion got
really sick so we had to go home and spend the rest of the evening
laying in bed feeling super gross and sick. Luckily the next day we
woke up feeling a lot better.

On Friday morning we had zone training meeting! Yaaayyy it took all
morning and it was just kind of awkward cause our zone isn't that
tight. But it was alright I guess. Our Zone Leaders are kind of
interesting, one of them is from Sweden and the other is from England
so they have cool accents and that's basically all I know about them.
We do have a zone activity coming up soon so hopefully that will be
fun and we'll start actually getting to know each other. It's just
weird cause I feel like some Elders are scared of Sisters, it's like
we're another species or something. But oh well!

On Saturday we had the cool opportunity to teach a Skype lesson! It
was a woman Hermana Gonzalez helped teach back in Texas who joined the
church and was just called to be a temple worker! She had an amazing
story and she was soooo sweet to me even though I've never even met
her before! My companion always says that those people who are recent
converts must have been the strongest people in the Preexistence and
that they came down here knowing they would have to search out the
gospel and find it for themselves. I believe that so much because the
people we're teaching are all so amazing and they're very strong
people. After the lesson we went over to the Baez family's house for
dinner. They're from the Dominican Republic and they talk reeeaaallly
fast haha but we just had pizza cause they were having a party later
that day and it was STILL a struggle for me because they gave me the
kind with all the veggies and stuff on it BUT I ate a whole entire
piece which I was pretty dang proud of myself for hahahaha I've been
surprisingly courageous with food out here on the mission. I've tried
everything everyone gives me and try my hardest to finish everything.

Anyways, Sunday was also great! We had 7 investigators at church!!
Woooohoo!!!! We had branch counsel that morning and we also taught
music in primary again which was a blast. After church we went home
for lunch and while we were eating we saw that we had a missed call
from president which is NOT good news usually especially cause
transfers aren't for a few weeks. We tried calling him back but he
didn't answer and we still don't know what it was about but we're
starting to think it was an accidental call (hopefully) but the rest
of the day we both were super anxious and worried. But we still ended
up teaching 2 lessons! We taught a lesson to Vero, and also Alma. We
had dinner with the Perez family (the branch presidents family) and it
was super good! It was called sopes then we had cake! Haha lots of
good food here in utah :) I also shared the spiritual thought (we take
turns every other night)

Anyways I hope everyone has a fantastic week! I love you all so much!!

¡Abrazos y Besitos!

Hermana Segle





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com